A Community Governance Review (CGR) is a review carried out by a principal council of the whole or part of its area. The intention is to assess the following:
• The Creation, merging or abolition of parishes. This could also include the naming of parishes.
• The Style of parish (e.g. town / village / community).
• The electoral arrangements for parishes.
A CGR can be initiated by one of the following:
• A petition from electors (minimum number of signatures required depending on the size of electorate).
• A formal request from a local member or a parish council. This would need to be followed by approval from a principal council.
• The council deciding itself due to various factors; for instance a new parish creation following the completion of a significant housing development.
Community Governance Review 2018
We are undertaking a Community Governance Review of the whole of Aylesbury Vale ahead of District and Parish elections in May 2019. The Terms of Reference for this review include the following:
The General Purposes Committee met on Monday 6 August 2018 to consider a report on submissions received during the consultation period. The following recommendations are being brought forward:-
1. That the size of the following Parishes increase:
2. That Bierton with Broughton Parish Council is divided into the following wards:
Maps of the proposed ward boundaries are available as part of the report to General Purposes Committee, which is available here (agenda item 6, appendix 2).
The following recommendations are not being brought forward:-
1. That the size of Berryfields Parish Council decrease from 12 to 10 councillors
2. That the boundary between Great Brickhill and Soulbury which runs along Ivy Lane, to the south of Great Brikhill, be amended to move three properties into Great Brickhill Parish.
Interested parties have until 26 October 2018 to make any further comments on these recommendations by emailing email@example.com
For further information please see the below documents:
Community Governance Review 2014
Following our 2014 CGR, we decided to make a number of changes have been made to parish arrangements:
• create a new parish to include the Berryfields development, to be known as Berryfields Parish Council
• increase membership of the Stewkley Parish Council from 8 to 9