The Council has commenced a Community Governance Review (CGR). The purpose of the review is to enable the Council to consider what changes are needed to the parish arrangements within the Bierton with Broughton Parish Council area. The CGR is in response to a petition received which relates to the whole of the Bierton with Broughton Parish area and is to deal with the following specific issues:
To consult with electors in the Bierton with Broughton Parish in relation to changes to the current Parish and Warding arrangements as follows:
• To establish Kingsbrook as a new Civil Parish separate from Bierton with Broughton, with its own Parish Council, in advance of the May 2020 elections.
• To establish Broughton Hamlet as a Parish Meeting in advance of the May 2020 elections.
• For the remainder of the Bierton with Broughton Parish and Broughton Crossing to be re-named as "Bierton Parish", comprising a Bierton Ward and the Oldhams Meadow Ward.
In addition to the above 3 recommendations, this second stage is also consulting on the following recommendations:
• That the proposed number of councillors for the Bierton Parish Council will be 9, comprising 8 Councillors for the Bierton Ward and 1 Councillor for the Oldhams Meadow Ward.
• That the proposed number of councillors for the Kingsbrook Parish Council will be 9.
The Council is now conducting the second stage of the review (running from 11 October 2019 to 8 November 2019) and is inviting local residents and interested parties to submit their views on the above issues.
Representations and comments on the proposals can be:
Notice of the Community Governance Review can be found here.
The terms of reference for the Community Governance Review can be found here.
A link to the General Purposes Committee meeting (which approved the CGR 2nd stage consultation) can be found here.